September 15, 2011
Goodie Bags for your favorite mom's
The older I get, the more I realize just how important and varying friendships are. I have always loved the saying of “a reason, a season and a lifetime”, but I haven’t really noticed the differences until lately. I have friends that I talk to just now and then, but they mean just as much to me each time. I have ladies I rarely see except for press events but I love getting together with them each time. And I have the friends that I love dearly, and that mean more to me than they probably know.
I wanted to let my friends know I care about them, and I truly appreciate all they do for me, so for my kids’ recent back-to-school party, I made some of my mom friends their own goodie-bag. It was fun, cute, and simple. And very easy to do!
- Wine Glass (I actually used my silhouette machine to etch the glass with “Mommy’s turn to whine”. You can get a regular or cute wine glass, or you can use stencils and etching cream that can be found at Hobby Stores. Follow the directions carefully if you choose this option.
- Spoon-plastic or regular
- Melting Chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- Cellophane or candy bags
- HoneySticks (great place to find tons of flavor is Natural Food Stores like Sprouts)
- Follow the directions on the package to melt the chocolate.
- Stir in a dash of Vanilla Extract.
- Dip the Spoons in the chocolate
- Put in freezer to solidify
- Extras: you can also melt white chocolate and drizzle in or dip the tip of the spoon in, or get add little bits of mint.
- Wrap the solidified spoon in the candy bag or cellophane and wrap with ribbon.
- Make a cute, small card. Mine said “Coffee, tea or wine..make sure you get in your me time!”
- Put a small hole in the corner of the card
- Put the honeystick on the top of the spoon and wrap together with ribbon, attaching the card on the ribbon before you tie it.
- Put in the wine glass and give as a gift!
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC