October 18, 2012
- A Note from the Publisher
- Having knowledge is the best defense
- Apple Dumplings
- Hand Tree, Fall Picture and Friendly Witch
- Mr. Halloweenster Saves the Day!
- Colorado Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes
- This Week's Picks
- Teen Scene
- EVENT LISTINGS/PLAN AHEAD
- Ongoing & special events and FREE days!
- KIDS EAT FREE! (OR CHEAP!)
- The Fresh Beat Band is coming to Colorado
- Lil All Stars Athletic Program
- Simons Mall Kidgits Club!
Combine in a large pot:
2 24 oz jars of applesauce – one chunky 1 original (you can also cut up fresh apples)
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter
Bring all of the above to a boil. This mix boils very quickly!
In a bowl, combine:
2 ¼ cup Bisquick mix
2/3 cup milk
Mix until soft dough forms. Drop dough mixture by spoonful into the boiling applesauce mixture. The dough will be super sticky, so don’t worry about making actual dough balls. Reduce your heat and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, and then cover and cook for another 10 min. If you don’t cook dumplings too often, please note that the dumplings don’t really look done, but at the end of 20 min I guarantee you that they are!
You can serve this recipe immediately, or later when it cools. It is so good either way! We like to top it with Cool Whip, as you see in the picture. A co-worker gave me this recipe last year, and it has been a big hit with us ever since. It is very,very easy and goes with so many dinners. It is also a fabulous dessert or breakfast.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC