I received an email the other day from my friend Carol Galanty Jones and it was truly something I needed to read at that moment. My schedule has been very chaotic lately and reading this email helped put a lot of things into perspective for me. It is something I will read over & over again to remind myself that "I am enough." Carol has graciously allowed me to share it with all of you and I think it is a very appropriate and important read for all of us busy parents:
Note to Self
- I am enough just as I am.
- I have NOTHING to prove to anyone.
- I don’t need to work any harder than I already do.
- It’s okay to slow down the pace of my life.
- It’s not a race to the finish. There’s no trophy for first place.
- It is the simplest things that give the biggest pleasures in life—reading, working in the garden, cooking, spending time with family and friends… just being together.
- There is no guilt in not accomplishing everything on my to-do list.
- I don’t need to apologize for my behavior or make excuses.
- It’s safe to be ME. To allow my TRUE self to shine.
- I don’t need anybody’s approval.
- I need only to listen to my inner guidance.
- My inner guidance is my compass, my true north.
- The rest is all ego….and can be let go.
- My walls of defense can come crumbling down.
- They are no longer needed.
- I can stand on my own two feet, secure in my knowledge that my higher self will provide all the support I ever need.
- I am free to be who I am.
- I am love.
I encourage all of you to check out Carol's fabulous website Getsomezen.com and sign up to receive her emails. Thank you for sharing Carol!